Monday 21 May 2012

STYLE: Pick of the Week

What I love to see is creativity and a pinch of enterpreneurship...with that your sails are set to go. This week's feature is the beautiful Errice Anderson whose taste in unique fashion and bravery to step out of the box are to be reckoned with.

Errice is from Kingston, Jamaica and her love for fashion is evident in her clothing line. She designs really lovely pieces for ladies who love to look good, her line ranges from dresses to beachwear. I can't emphasis to you guys just how how fab they are with my words, thats why I've got some pics to prove it and thanks to the lovely Errice, here you go guys enjoy ^_^


Say Hi Errice

THE INTERVIEW

1: Tell us about your style
I wouldn't say I have a style as in you couldn't  identify one image with me because as much as I enjoy being girly I enjoy being a tomboy so I dress to how I feel. Sometimes like a bag lady lol but ye, I just know I'm not a trendy person. I never follow trends. I like timeless pieces, simple, easy on the eyes but still stands out. My clothing line however would fall under being seductively classy. Not sexy enough to be tacky but sexy enough to still feel like a lady.
2: When did you notice/realize you fell in love with fashion?
I first fell in love with fashion when I was really young. Probably like five yrs old. My mother was a seamstress so I would watch her all the time.  Then I made my very first piece @ seven yrs old, a skirt and a top and she did the button holes for me, the girl I made it for was Anika Bell, the pastor's daughter I'll never forget. There are a few more longggg stories but just sharing my first lol but I fell in love with fashion again when I saw people being trendy and wearing the same things everywhere. Fashion is an art that I like to play with  #ilove
3: What is the name of your clothing line and what inspired you to start designing?
It's Errice Alicia.
I named my clothing line after me because I want it to be as personal as it can be. Everything I design and make are stuff I would  wear and love. I would never put something out there that I wouldn't wear unlesssss its a client's personal design. I guess you could say what inspired me to start designing was,I basically just got fed up of being fed up of my life standing still. I will never be a 9 to 5 person because I have A.D.D. And cant sit still for long lol so I just tried, as a joke at first then it became real when people started paying me and then I took it serious.
4: What challenges have you faced since you've started your own business?
The only challenge I've faced is lethargy. Some days I will just crash, body and mind. It will last a day up to a week and that sets me back on working on new stuff and on orders. Though I'm never late on an order, because I work fast, I still feel like I've failed if I complete it last minute. But it comes with the territory success. Some days I will put 150% and some I want to but I just can't. Annoys the *beep* out of me lol.
5: For interested customers how can they purchase your designs?
Customers that are interested can contact me by:
Twitter: @erricealicia
Facebook:        Errice Anderson
6: Any fashion and tips/advice?
Hmmm, I don't really consider myself a fashionista as such so I couldn't  give advice lol but I would tell you dont let the label define your style, you make the clothes what it is. Dress to your body type. And oh ye, dont be afraid to wear prints. Prints are distracting so if you have a bit of weight on the tummy, stripes and prints can do wonders.

Errice's Designs (Errice herself is wearing her designs in some of the pictures)







Anyone remember Jennifer Lopez wearing this dress
 in my previous post on "Who Rock'd it Best?"













What do you guys have to say about Errice Anderson clothing line? I am definitely in love with em..FAB! FAB!! FAB!!!

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment